Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MacBooks and video

I have begun using the Macbook computer to download and edit videos with my students. It took a while to find the correct firewire as I did not receive one with the computer and my video camera is not the flip camera. We did purchase some additional flip cameras, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to let the students work with them in the next week or so.
Ms. Ringler did have her students out learning to use the flip cameras this week and we have been working with students after school on editing their movies. My Broadcast students are about ready to upload their first videos to be viewed and entered in a district contest. We are excited about the steps we are making toward getting all the devices working together and in the students' hands.
This week we will get further training on the storytelling aspects and hopefully I will be able to immediately use that with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment